Thursday, May 14, 2009

Should I snorkel?

I must say YES. The majority of the earths surface is covered by water. Underneath the surface of that vast cover of water we call the ocean is another world. A beautiful and fascinating world with many forms of life and the entire spectrum of color. I remember the first time I entered the ocean as a diver. (I certified in a lake in Utah. ) Oh my, what a breath taking experience. It was in the Channel Islands 60 miles or so off the Coast of LA. We stopped in the middle of a kelp forest and at first I thought it was not a good idea. As I dropped down below the surface with my partner and began to swim I felt like I was in a forest and I was flying through the trees. We dropped deeper to a depth of 30 feet and were just about 5 feet off of the bottom still flying through the trees when all of a sudden we came to a canyon and the bottom dropped off to a depth of 60 feet and I felt like a bird flying out over the Grand Canyon. It was intense. I began to look around me and see the thousands of fish and other forms of life in all of their color. Brilliant Vibrant colors! I was amazed at this new world. So much to see and understand.
Diving is a fun intense sport, hobby, experience. Not everyone is comfortable with going under the water with just a tank of air. They worry about all of the things that can go wrong. Many people feel claustrophobic. Many are just afraid.
Everyone should be able to experience the world under the surface of the Ocean, that is why there is snorkeling. And that is why Dr. Mark Johnson from Salt Lake City invented the Kapitol Reef Snorkel, so that people can swim on the surface of the ocean and see the underwater world and feel comfortable breathing. The trigger in the brain that says "get me out of here, I am afraid" does not seem to go off. People that use the Kapitol Reef snorkel really do have a more relaxed experience.
So find yourself a Kapitol Reef snorkel buy it and go see what is under the surface of the ocean, you will be amazed if you have not seen it yet.

Remember "snorkel to see the rest of the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment