Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Montego Bay Holiday Inn Sunspree

Greetings from Jamaica Mahn, I am at the Holiday Inn SunSpree in Montego Bay.
The video catches a bit of the beauty of this place. It really is a Beautiful setting. And the Holiday Inn is a great place to hang out. The staff is very friendly. Yesterday I stopped in at the Watersports shack to see if they had Kapitol Reef equipment (I knew they did not, that is the reason I am here.) I was able to get a gentleman named Davion to go snorkel with me. We went out past the shallow water through sea grass to were the water begins to get deep. The reef is incredable. One of the most beautiful that I have seen. We did not see as many fish as Curacao or Bonaire but the reef is second to none. Deep canyons of volcanic reef with coral of many colors, there was alot of the mushroom coral as well. As I swam along exploring one of the canyons that dropped off I saw a mass sliding up and over the top of the rock, it was a massive Stingray. Oh my goodness the first thing I thought of was Steve Erwin the Crockedile hunter. So I turned to get away when I realized that it did not want to bother me. I looked at Dameon and he was following it so I followed along. This thing was at least 2 feet across and 4 feet from the tip of its nose to the tip of its tail. It was a beautiful blueish color. We followed and watched it for 5 minutes or so. Dameon said that it was the largest Stingray that he has seen in Montego Bay. They are that big at Negril but not here. Breath taking!! A few minute later we saw a baby stingray that was spotted and matched the color of the rocks on the bottom. It knew we were around and planted itself on the rocks trying to hide itself from us. We also saw a 2 foot long eel, it waslight brown with white colored spots. It hid its head and its body just laid on the bottom. Another interesting fish was a small Flounder.
We did see many other fish of amazing colors. We came across a school of small fish that were so brilliant in the blue that it looked like a blue light was glowing on them.
If you ever get to Jamaica, make sure that you take time to snorkel in Montego Bay and make sure that you use the Kapitol Reef equipment. You will want to stay in the water as long as possible so that you can see all that there is to see.
Oh please, Go snorkel so that you can see the rest of the world.
Jerry from Jamaica

3 comments:

  1. Wow.....beautiful....... I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so nice and relaxing. wish I was there laying by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I plan on using my Kapitol Reef snorkel. Now I just need a place to use it.

    ReplyDelete