Thursday, June 25, 2009

Roatan

Greetings everyone from Roatan Honduras. Actually I was there earlier in the week however I did not post as I had to be out side to get the Internet and the mosquito's were too abundant at the hotel. I got to Roatan on Sunday and I got my bags Tuesday afternoon and I left to go back to the states Wednesday morning. I was there for the FCCA (Florida Caribbean Cruise Association) semi annual meeting. Kapitol Reef is a Platinum member.

Oh what a beautiful Island. Very tropical, Beautiful blue ocean and white sand. I stayed at the Infinity Bay Spa and Resort. It was a spectacular place. lots of marble granite and Mahogany wood.

I snorkeled while there of course and it was cool. I dove down and picked up a 10 inch conch shell. It was big enough that it took two hands to pick it up. When I got it to the surface and looked inside I could see the critter. It was so cool. The tour guide that we were with took it from me and put it back on the bottom . I guess that you cant take living shells from Honduras.

On this trip for the first time I went on a snorkel tour instead of snorkeling alone. It was cool. I loved having a guide take us to a place that was cool. We saw an eel, beautiful colored reefs and hundreds of fish, but for me the highlight was the 50 or so large conch shells that I saw.

It was a real eye opener for me. Because I did not get my bags until it was time to go home, I did not have my Kapitol Reef Snorkel, Mask and fins. And I really missed it. The mask that came with the trip leaked, the fins were not as rigid and so hurt my feet. I also did not get the propulsion that I am use to. And most importantly every time I turned my head water would get into the snorkel and I would breath in that water. I would gasp and have to stop and readjust. With the Kapitol Reef equipment you don't have to do that. Kapitol Reefs snorkel is 1000 times better than other snorkels, 1000 times better. I had the panic feeling a few times as I took in water and could not get the snorkel clear. I cannot think of a more dangerous place to panic than out in the ocean. If you are going to snorkel or are going to have your kids snorkel you better get the Kapitol Reef (Matching color set) snorkel. And remember to snorkel and see the rest of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I know you only let your kids snorkel with the best. And we thank you for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun, that is no fun that you didn't get your luggage until the day before you left though.

    ReplyDelete