Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fisherman




Are you a fisherman? Do you love going to the lake and catching the big lunkers? Let me suggest that you pick up some Kapitol Reef snorkel equipment and take it to the lake to study the fish you are trying to catch, in their environment.






I started fishing as a young boy with my dad. I fished alot more as a boy scout at scout camps. I took my kids fishing when they were young. I have fished my entire life. Then a couple of weeks ago I went snorkeling at Sand Hollow reservoir and watched the fish in their own setting. That is right. I noticed that the Bass are usually about 12" from the bottom. I saw some that were tucked inside of bushes and others that hid themselves under rock ledges and others that were out in the open, but they were all about 12" off the bottom. What a great thing to know. If I want to get their attention then I need to put the bait about 12" off the bottom so that I get their attention. I also noticed that they stay put much of the time. They move around however they must not move around all the time. We watched these fish for over an hour and they stay within 20 feet of where we first saw them. We swam down to them and herded them along but them they would come back to the same area.






Next time I take my rod out I will also take my snorkel mask and fins. I will get in the water and find the big ones, see where they are at and determine the best way to approach them. I will then get out and try to catch the big one.











No comments:

Post a Comment